Tuesday, June 30, 2009

'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' Reaction

Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
Starring:
   Shia LaBeouf
   Megan Fox
   Josh Duhamel
   Tyrese Gibson
   John Turturro
   Cars, mostly Chevy
Directed by: Michael Bay
Score composed by: Steve Jablonsky

I saw 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' at the midnight showing, and then again on Sunday. Of course the midnight showing was sold out, but not as quickly as The Dark Knight or some previous Harry Potters. There was overall hype, but again not as much as I have seen before. One review I agree with is over at Seattlepi.com:

"For some reason Michael Bay & Co thought it was a good idea to have a bunch of sexual overtones. I'm still not sure what that added to the movie... Some of the language was harsh as well."
With a staff of writers isn't it possible to come up with something better? I guess the language appeals to a broad audience?
"The action scenes in Revenge of the Fallen were much better than 2007's Transformers. It was hard to watch some of action sequences in the first movie. A lot of the shots were really tight which made it hard to focus on what was even happening."
I could actually follow who was getting their butt kicked and who was winning within the fight. I can dissect these scenes, instead of just zoning out until they are done.
"More robots! More robots! I as happy to see they added more characters to the movie. Some of them went really undeveloped, but it was still good to see new characters in a few scenes."
Me gusto mucho. More characters = More awesome cars.

Speaking about new cars. I did not notice that the new Chevy Cruze, which I have mentioned before, and the Chevy Volt were in 'Transformers: RotF' until I watched it a second time. The Volt looks pretty in purple. It's shown briefly... I can't remember when. If you blink you will miss it. I found a picture of it over at Autoindustrie.blogspot.com, which is really an informative blog about cars.Chevy Volt in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

In the opening scenes the Cruze is used as a Shanghai cop car. I was excited when I saw the Cruze, I had to look online to make sure it was there, and not a new Impala, Cobalt or something... I cannot find an image of the Cruze dressed up as it was in Transformers.

Also, does Michael Bay mention previous films of his in all of his movies? In the first Transformers one of the kids running to see the fallen "comet" says something to the effect of "This is so much better than Armageddon". Then in Revenge of the Fallen Shia LaBeouf paints all over a Bad Boys II poster.

Hmm my favorite number is seven... so lets give 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' on the basis of really awesome blowout fight scenes and shiny cars but unneeded language and super weak plot... three out of seven. I would watch it again, but not a million times.

0 comments: